Do I need to know any special rules?
- Yes! Your safety is our priority. Please read the race rules before competing.
What equipment do I need for a triathlon?
- The very basics include goggles, swimwear, shirt, bike, helmet, running shoes and towel. Take a look at our Triathlon Check-List for a more detailed list.
What equipment do I need for a duathlon?
- The very basics include running shoes, bike, helmet. Take a look at our Duathlon Check List for a more detailed list.
What happens on race day?
- Check in to registration upon arrival to receive your race number, timing chip and swim cap. Set your bike up on the transition area racks, remembering to put your equipment to the right side of your bike (a small towel is useful for this). Ensure you remove any bags from transition area. Attend the race briefing (usually by the water). Check you have your timing chip securely on your left ankle (opposite to chain side of bike). Get your cap and goggles ready to enter the water for the deep-water swim start. At the completion of your race, hand your timing chip back and pack your belongings. Please stick around for random entrant prize draws!
How do I join Central Coast Triathlon Club?
- Check out our Membership page for specific details.
Can I race without joining Triathlon NSW?
- Yes, we have a try-a-tri option when you register for a race. You pay a higher fee as a non-member.
What do I wear?
- Swimwear or tri suit (wetsuit optional) for the swim. You can wear swimwear on the bike but your torso must be covered. Alternatively, you can put on activewear in transition to ride and run. Shoes must be worn for the run.
Do I need a road bike?
- No, you can race on a mountain bike if it’s more comfortable. We also have loan bikes available for members. Email xx to enquire.
Do I need a helmet?
- Yes. An Australian standard helmet is required to race.
What time and place do we start?
- Race starts at 7.30am (you must register prior to 7.15am) at Sandy Beach, Summerland Point.
Where do club members train?
- We have club members who train across the entire Central Coast and Newcastle. No formal training is conducted by CCTRI but there are many informal training groups. Ask a member for a recommendation or Facebook group details.
What are the race distances?
Is there triathlon coaching available?
- CCTRI doesn’t offer specific training or coaching. However, the club has a number of sponsors whom offer private coaching services.
Is the race still on if it rains?
- Yes! We have very rarely missed a month of racing. It is only extreme circumstances or safety concerns that would prevent a race starting.
Can kids race without an adult?
- Yes. We have a junior coordinator who briefs child competitors prior to racing and a volunteer cyclist on course to ensure safety at all times.
Can parents race with child?
- Yes, as long as it is sensible and safe. Please contact the Race Director to discuss and seek approval prior to the race.
Didn’t find the answer you were looking for?